Awkward & Awesome Monday!
adopted from Sydney
-Having two guys come up to me at my gas station asking to come to their Spanish-speaking church. I just told them I don't speak Spanish. There was also a glare on the gas price screen so while they were talking to me about Jesus, I was concerned I was paying over $30 for my gas. They were nice, but it was awkward.
-Having to pay for Starbucks when I just got hired back there. Umm, I work here now, can I get a discount?
-My mom telling me I'm making her nervous while painting craft letters thinking I'm going to get paint on the carpet. Ummm, I'm 25. I think I know how to put newspaper down and paint carefully.
-Don't judge but I got stuck on YouTube yesterday watching all kinds of birth videos. YES! They show this on YouTube! I was covering my eyes one minute and crying the next. I'm convinced I'll be giving a water birth.. scary as it sounds... to me, the hospital sounds even scarier. Epidurals, pitocin? STAY AWAY! "The Business of Being Born" is a must see. PS. that was NOT me announcing I'm pregnant.
-Berkeley Bowl on a Saturday afternoon. Having never been to Berkeley Bowl should be the awkward statement here but serrrriously? Seriously. How do you people shop here on the regular without punching the millionth person in your way. That night I thanked God for the gift of patience b/c really.. I wanted to scream. I'll stick with my Trader Joe's.. thanks.
Awesome:
-Free Starbucks again!!!! I'll be saving so much money, I won't know what to do with it!
-Saying goodbye to 90 degree weather (you know, the whole 4 days it was hot) and hellooooo fall! Closer to the holidays and in some comfy clothes is thee best!
-Being able to have a crafty day amongst all my schooly/worky days. I made little paper flags and painted craft letters for my nephews (<3) "welcome baby" party. Next on the list: diaper cake!
-Being almost done with my application for the next years dietetic program at State.
-Tofurkey=) It really tastes like turkey but without the cholesterol, fat, and dead animal guilt.
No comments:
Post a Comment